Manual Handling Instructor Training Refresher
"The aim of the OHSS Manual Handling Instructors training programme is to make you the best Manual Handling Instructor you can be!" Our means of assuring this is:
- To keep class sizes restricted to six people per programme thereby ensuring that each learner's particular needs are met with care and commitment
- To employ tutors who are qualified to very high standards to create a truly effective learning environment
- To give learners the benefit of over 20 years experience in Manual Handling instruction.
Learner ProfileLearners must have achieved the QQI Level 6 Special Purpose award in Manual Handling Instruction.
Employers are required by law to provide training in manual handling training , using instructors who have been awarded the QQI Level 6 Manual
Handling Instructor award. In addition, the manual handling instructor must maintain their competency by attending seminars /refresher programmes/ etc.
Key objectives are:
- To equip the learner with the skills necessary to identify poor handling habits and conditions
- To make the learner knowledgeable on how to motivate handlers to improve both their use of self and the organisation of their activity, when handling objects at work.
- To equip learners with the ability to revise the content of their instruction programme to reflect any new knowledge as it becomes available We aim to provide learners with a clear understanding of the employer's role in the safe management of manual handling in the workplace.
After completing the 1 Day training programme you will:
- Know how to spot poor handling habits and conditions;
- Be able for motivate handlers to use optimum postures;
- Clearly understand the employer’s role in managing safe handling
- Be equipped with a manual handling powerpoint presentation and workbook
- Be able to source and download training aids to enhance learning
How you will learnThe programme comprises 7 hours tutor directed training in a classroom situation over 1 day. Lectures followed by exercises , group discussions and practical demonstrations will enhance understanding and retention of new knowledge gained. A detailed workbook will be used by the learner where exercises and summaries of topics are completed and recorded. Email support to learners after the training date will be provided by tutors.
As we said at the outset of this page "the aim of the OHSS Manual Handling Instructors training programme is to make you the best Manual Handling Instructor you can be!"
CertificationSuccessful learners will receive an OHSS certificate indicating they successfully completed Manual Handling Instruction Refresher training.
TutorsMary Murphy MMedScOccHealth
Ann McCole BSc HDipEd
Philip Murphy BSc HDipEd Med
Manual Handling Instructor Refresher Training (one-to-one, half-day)
Delivered on demand via Zoom
Date: Call us for a suitable date|
Time: Half Day
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-441637 or email@example.com
TestimonialsMary has exceptionally good training skills. I would never think Manual Handling Training could be delivered in such an interesting way. I would highly recommend this training.
Michal Chodola, Cambus Medical
The course is of great value in developing your own skills to deliver your training to an even higher standard.
Phonsie McAteer , Marine Harvest Ireland
The practical training elements, props, videos and exercises covered on this course will infuse enthusiasm and bring a new element of engagement at Manual Handling Inductions.