Testimonials from this course"Very clear and concisely presented with excellent practicality in the applications in the workplace." Marie, Wood Group. 25/4/17
"If you have to manually lift in your job then you will benefit both at work and at home by doing it" Y.D. 25/4/17
For Manual Handling INSTRUCTOR Training...see details here
Manual Handling Training can be run on site for clients.
The tutor, Mary Murphy, is a QQI certified Manual Handling Instructor with over 15 years experience instructing in the area of workplace health and safety.
OHSS QA Procedures have been approved by QQI and the following OHSS programmes have been validated: Manual Handling Instructor and Heath and Safety Representation. OHSS is a QQI Registered Training Centre.
Manual Handling Training Course ....Half Day
For employees required to handle hazardous loads in the course of their employment.
The objective of the course is to equip the participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to handle hazardous loads in a safe manner.
- Information on the law
- Anatomy and biomechanics of spine, injuries
- Guidance on fitness for task, exercises
- Specific hazards identified in safety statement, recognising hazardous loads
- Organisational solutions, mechanical solutions
- Good handling techniques
- Procedures for dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Appropriate clothing and footwear - PPE
- Maintenance of workplace in a safe condition
How you will learn
The emphasis throughout is on a practical approach with detailed presentations and demonstrations followed by individual exercises.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Manual Handling 1/2 day Training|
In-house training programmes from €350
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-563207 or email@example.com